Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Treasure hunting

 

Scavenging through the village craft and op shops this morning I plucked:

Some hand-knitted woolen socks -  just in time for a rainy, wintery day.
And a pure-wool cosy for our tea party on Friday,
from the sea of acrylic.
For not much more than the cost of the wool

Floral cloth napkins for sticky little fingers at our dinner table.
A crocheted rug for the playroom.
A wooden bowl.
And a retro Spanish salt cellar (missing its 't', so we'll call it sal instead)
All for $3.50

Retail therapy on a budget.
Its why my husband loves me.

Linking up with flea market finds (for the first time ever!)

3 comments:

  1. Ahh.. Alison! My reader was subscribed to Hattie and the fox and I was wondering why there had been no posts for over a month.. so glad I found you again! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel had the same problem - my two most loyal readers! We have a new Hattie now, as lovely as the last. It took a while for me to figure out what this place should be called, so it was only ever an interim name to get me started. Glad you found me. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely finds. I am always amazed at what can be found treasure hunting.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do appreciate them all.