Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Tiny stitches


Perhaps my time might right now be better spent preparing for Christmas, but I keep finding myself being drawn to little knitting and sewing projects which could happily wait another month or two.

I put together my first pair of quick change trousers - the very first pattern I have every followed from start to finish -  from fabric gleaned from the local op shops. Two old floral nighties and a ream of hand dyed and screen printed cotton. And the stitches for a tiny little cardigan appeared on the needles in a day or two - finished off with buttons from my Grandma's old collection.

I pulled out the box of baby clothes this week, washed them and hung them out in the sunshine. There are no less than three tiny green cardigans - one from each baby. It is a style that endures!

Christmas for us is always simple - a few presents, a trip to the beach, a slow lunch and an afternoon walk. This year we will be camped on a remote stretch of coastline with my family. Once I have sorted through the camping gear and hidden the presents amongst the sleeping bags we will be on our way.

Wishing you all a very happy and peaceful Christmas with your loved ones. I am hoping my creative energy returns to writing again next year. For now I will keep on casting on tiny stitches.


5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too. I love your beautiful handmade things xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see you back in this space. . . and I love what you have been making!

    rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that there are three tiny green cardigans .. so cute. Those pants are beautiful too. Have been thinking of you as the weeks pass, it's nice to hear from you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderfully serene Christmas day. I still haven't made anything handmade for our first baby (except that unfinished skinny tee, which he's probably outgrown now) and the second is nearly upon us. So great that you've actually made some baby things. Have a Merry Christmas! Mx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those trousers! And I love a simple Christmas too.
    Happy Christmas camping to you and your beautiful tribe.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do appreciate them all.