Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Sticky fingers


Life just got that little bit messier when Thea started feeding herself last week. Even as I was taking  photos of her devouring her first piece of fruit I was thinking 'I am never going to get that banana out.' (And not really caring, but if anyone does know how I would love to hear from you!) We are all enjoying watching her explore new tastes and textures - squishing banana and avocado through her fingers and sucking on chicken bones. Thea now sits happily at the head of the table and throws her food around while we eat our evening meal without a babe in arms (she is usually back in them again by the time we have finished eating). And with spring fast turning into summer in these parts we have pulled out the picnic blanket again for afternoon tea on the back lawn, now with a happy baby rolling between us all and getting her fingers in the hummus.



5 comments:

  1. She looks very pleased with herself! Love the last smiley pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trick is to not let it dry brown on it. If you get it before it browns it will totally come out. Dried banana is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did it take me four children to figure that out?! My aim is to keep the banana off anything white if I can (and get better at soaking things straight away). Thanks Margret!

      Delete
  3. banana is a shocker isn't it. Hey cutie, good to see you eating, having fun with your food though!
    Alison I'm just catching up your blog. So very sorry to hear of your fox visit, how did the boys take it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brydie. The boys took the loss much better than I did. Even when the fox came back (we only have one chook left now) Darcy was very matter of fact about losing his pet Pekin Lemony. I was trying not to cry when I told him she was dead and he held it all together and said "that's okay Mum."

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do appreciate them all.