Monday, 5 May 2014

One (a gastro themed celebration)


Our baby girl turned one two weeks' ago. I thought I would have time to stop and reflect; to write her birth story down; to soak up her last days as a baby and to sing happy birthday to our little girl with just her brothers and grandparents here to shower her with love. But life had other plans. Instead I spent the day washing linen (just about all of it) and then feeling terribly, violently ill.

There was no cake. The one I had tacked on to the end of our annual Good Friday gathering the day before no doubt spread the love far and wide through our circle of friends (sorry guys!). Our eldest starting vomiting just as the first guests arrived, and once the clock ticked past midnight it was Thea's turn.

The rest of the family fell like flies.  My parents minded the boys while Grant and I floundered around, passing the baby between us. We could just manage a slice of banana cake and a belated birthday song once my brother and five-year-old nephew arrived on Easter Sunday. He gave her the very special gift of some projectile vomit all over her head two days later. We'll try again next year...


4 comments:

  1. Happy first to your little girl :D So sorry the day didn't go as planned...

    We had to cancel Joys first birthday because both the girls were contagious...and this year, I was in a dreadful state with morning sickness and resorted to a coles pavlova cake ;) So perhaps next year we'll have a good one! From my experience, kids don't really care, so long as there's a few sweets to keep them happy LOL.

    Hope you're all well now. Nicole x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole! So lovely to hear from you. Morning sickness! Congratulations! Here's hoping for some illness free celebrations for your lovely family. The bigger the family grows the more directions the bugs are coming in from, I have found! x

      Delete
  2. Oh bummer, vomits are the worst! Hope you are all feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have said yes, but I just got a call from the school sick bay to pick up Darcy, who says he feels like vomiting. We go in circles, yes we do!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do appreciate them all.